Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Words from Mike Huckabee:

I am signed up to receive Huck*Pac emails.
This is what I got today:


I am very proud to have supported Senator McCain and the only regret is that more Americans didn't share my conviction that he would have made an outstanding President. I not only recognize, but respect that we are a nation in which the people choose and tonight they have chosen Senator Obama. He was not my choice, but he will be my President and I will pray for him to lead this great nation with God's help and grace. He will face serious challenges to lead our country and he will need all Americans to give him a chance. The campaign is over and now is the time for governing and leading. The Republican Party must not reassess where it is and where it is going. Our problem is not that our views aren't acceptable, it is that many in out party have abandoned the very principles that once drew Americans to trust us. Our party will be back with strength, but tonight we should all celebrate the historic nature of this election and put our country ahead of our party. As disappointed as I am that we have lost this election, I can't help but feel that many courageous leaders of the civil rights movement look down from heaven tonight with a smile that the day has come when a man is elected without regard to his color. I salute President-elect Obama for his discipline and tenacity that has given our country the opportunity to witness this significant event.

Politics is not an event but a process. We sometimes lose the events but it never gives us the right to stop being faithful to our principles that enlisted us in the process. We shall live to fight another day.
With deep gratitude,
Mike Huckabee

No comments: